Twenty-seven school districts in Eastern Wisconsin are partnering with WFRV Channel 5 News in Green Bay to recognize exceptional school employees in a program called the “Eastern Wisconsin Excellence in Education” awards. This program allows parents, students, community members, and staff to nominate deserving school employees in the following categories:
● Innovation in work (How has the employee demonstrated innovation in their work area?)
● Culture creator in the work environment (How has the employee gone above and beyond in creating a positive school culture?)
● Social/emotional well being (How has the employee impacted the social/emotional well being of students and/or the school environment?)
● Community involvement (How has the employee positively impacted the community?)
● Student connection (In what ways has the employee built positive relationships with students?)
Nominations need to be submitted by February 4, 2022. Following the submission deadline, a panel of judges will review each nomination to determine finalists. These finalists will then be asked to elaborate on the work outlined in the nomination. The judges will then select the award recipients in each of the five categories.
The awards show ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 14, 2022 at the Kiel Area School District Performing Arts Center. The program will be live streamed on Channel 5’s, WeAreGreenBay.com website.
click here for the nomination form, which will also be available on the websites of all 27 school districts, as well as social media outlets and found within local newspapers.